Re: [asa] Expelled and ID (ASA annual mtg.)

From: Don Nield <>
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 19:06:59 EDT

As I understand it, the situation was more complex than that. Sternberg
did send the paper out to review but the reviewers were chosen by
Sternberg from a non-standard set -- avoiding members of the editorial
board. In my view that is smuggling. (Yes, the topic of the paper was
also non-standard.)
Don N

Dennis Venema wrote:
> Meyer's paper was handled by Sternberg alone, and the paper was a marked
> departure from the style of papers the journal normally published (it would
> have been odd even if it hadn't espoused ID).
> Also, why did Sternberg wait until the end of his editorship to publish it?
> Seems he knew he would catch heck for it.
> dv
> On 4/23/08 3:02 PM, "Donald F Calbreath" <> wrote:
>> As I recall, Meyer's paper underwent normal peer-review before appearing in
>> print. Hardly smuggling, wouldn't you say?
>> Don

To unsubscribe, send a message to with