Re: [asa] Expelled and ID

From: Dennis Venema <Dennis.Venema@twu.ca>
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 18:05:40 EDT

The notion that onešs science is skewed by onešs viewpoint seems to be an
increasingly popular one ­ and a view I find confusing. Yes, an individual
scientist might have a bias ­ but the data is the data ­ and the experiments
are open to repeating by anyone who wishes. The fact that scientists from
hugely diverse backgrounds (ethnic, religious, socio/economic) participate
in science will weed out bias of opinion/interpretation that doesnšt have a
basis in evidence.

Compare this with ID, which is pushed by a very un-diverse crowd (mostly
white, male, north american Christians / theists), and produces no testable
predictions, let alone evidence to speak of.

dennis