RE: [asa] Expelled and ID

From: Donald F Calbreath <dcalbreath@whitworth.edu>
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 08:41:50 EDT

But isn't this what the ID folks have been saying all along? They are looking for ways to identify design. From what has been said, you imply that design is a testable hypothesis. Yes, it is. But mainstream scientists attack ID as being non-scientific. They can't have it both ways.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last phrase ".. science hasn't concluded". Both the NAS and AAAS apparently have concluded. They rule out any possible explanation that is not "natural". Sounds like they have already made up their minds.

Don (ASA member)