Re: [asa] Resurrection of the Shroud?

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 16:21:56 EDT

I'm going by memory, so cannot justify the point. The claim was that the
tested fibers came from a patch that repaired damage from a fire, not
from the original shroud material. I consider the argument suspect, for
this should have been obviously avoided by anyone collecting the material
to be tested.

My basic argument is that the shroud does not represent the separate
winding and face covering noted in John 20:6f. See also 19:39f. So it
must be a fake, however dated by radiocarbon.
Dave (ASA)