Re: [asa] Expelled and ID

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Sat Apr 19 2008 - 23:34:59 EDT

I think there is one which does so in principle. It's opposite would
justify ID. If we have sequenced the genomes of all the species, or at
least all the species in one kingdom, and figured out exactly how all the
various parts work, if we discover some genes/control sequences/whatever
else comes up that cannot be derived from others earlier in the
evolutionary development, we presumably have evidence that they were
introduced by the deity or some superior power. This is sure evidence for
ID. However, the current indication is that we have sequences in genomes
that simply preserve stuff from the past, which is clear evidence against
ID. Things are too sloppy to be designed, unless the designer intends to
mislead us.

Generally, given the state of human knowledge, proof and falsification
are claims too strong to be supported.
Dave (ASA)

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 17:46:02 -0500 "skrogh."