Re: [asa] A Message from the RTB Scholar Team (fwd)

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat Apr 19 2008 - 18:26:39 EDT

A category statement is fine. But 'evolution' and 'biological evolution' are simply not the same thing! Continue to have the conversation about RTB and Hugh Ross on those terms, I will be no part of it. It is blindness not to involve 'other types' of evolution. They are so plainly in circulation, in many places dominantly and oppressively, which TE/EC's at ASA care to do or say nothing about. The 'just call it evolution' ruse is a method of convenient silencing.

  Bethany Sollereder <bsollereder@gmail.com> wrote:
  Gregory,

Perhaps we should just make a categorical statement that "unless otherwise stated, 'evolution' means 'biological evolution of humans/plants/animals/life in general". Would it be OK with you if we made that our default definition from now on, and if we are talking about other types of 'evolution' we can specify? Can the conversation go on?

Bethany