Re: [asa] A Message from the RTB Scholar Team (fwd)

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat Apr 19 2008 - 17:26:58 EDT

You've got to be kidding me!! -) You seriously think it is 'unnecessary verbiage' to distinguish between 'human evolution' and 'biological evolution of humans'??? That's two words difference (or nearly twice the amount of letters, for you statisticians), but a major difference in 'category'. Cat-e-gory! It would take such little effort and go such a long way. It is a shock to me that no will is present to adjust what could be so easily done for the cause of communicative clarity.

Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca> wrote:
  Gregory Arago wrote:
> Yes Don, nail on the head! Why couldn't George have said this in the first place, to avoid misunderstanding? Thanks for your clarity! - G.

Because it was unnecessary verbiage ie overabundance or superfluity of words, as in writing or speech; wordiness; verbosity.

Dave W