RE: [asa] A Message from the RTB Scholar Team (fwd)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 19:48:30 EDT

I think a much healthier approach is to appreciate all the different
positions (YEC, OEC, etc.), rather than wishing them away. They will
always be there. If Hugh Ross becomes an evolutionist, there will still
be a healthy and vital OEC group. Same with Ken Ham and YEC. It is
nice to have these groups to put forth their best arguments for healthy
debate. Without them, we'd have to debate strawmen... not as much fun
or intellectually helpful. Hearing your opponent put forth their best
arguments will remind you why you believe what you do... or may educate
you to change your mind.