Re: [asa] A Message from the RTB Scholar Team (fwd)

From: Stephen Matheson <smatheso@calvin.edu>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 17:50:52 EDT

My challenge to RTB is not that they "adopt" common descent, but that they acknowledge (as other creationists have) that it exhibits strong explanatory power. One can doubt an explanation, for any number of reasons, without claiming or even insinuating that the explanation is inferior.

This is what all creationists must do, in my opinion, to be worthy of any intellectual/professional respect: simply note that common descent works extremely well as an explanation, THEN set about constructing an alternative. To assert that common ancestry is poorly supported by evidence, or is unworthy as a scientific explanation, is to publicly confess to being either ignorant or duplicitous. In my opinion, of course.

Steve

>>> "D. F. Siemens, Jr." <dfsiemensjr@juno.com> 04/17/08 5:13 PM >>>
How can RTB adopt common descent when they are committed to the creation
of every "kind"? They also hold to a strictly sequential day-age
interpretation of Genesis 1 with inerrant agreement between science and
scripture.
Dave (ASA)