Re: [asa] A Message from the RTB Scholar Team (fwd)

From: David Heddle <heddle@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 16:50:54 EDT

I don't agree with all that RTB does. In particular, I do not like the long
probability chains that Hugh Ross has used. However, they take the position,
to use my own words, that science is the human study of general revelation
as theology is the human study of special revelation. And given that special
and general revelation cannot be in conflict, lest God be a god of
confusion, science and theology should also, in principle, be harmonious.
Contrast this to the (in my opinion) nonsense from the ID movement—which has
devolved into fighting a war with science, and has embraced unseemly
Christian victimhood. To me, if you plotted RTB and the ID movement, you'd
need a log plot. RTB, for whatever faults, takes the position that science
is not the enemy. (To be fair, I read don't much of what RTB puts out in
biology.) The ID movement, with its war on "materialism," has been been
totally counterproductive.
 David Heddle
Associate Professor of Physics
Christopher Newport University, &
The Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility