Re: [asa] Who do Adam & Eve represent? (Was: Was Adam a real person?)

From: Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 08:13:40 EDT

> George Murphy wrote:
>>
>> & yes, there are disagreements about that too. Failure to appreciate
>> that our original state is indeed sinful - i.e., that our sin of
>> origin is indeed sin - leads to various errors, such as works
>> righteousness & denial of infant baptism.

George could you explain how failure to appreciate that our original
state is sinful leads to a denial of infant baptism. My father was a
baptist minister and I never saw any denial of original sin in any of
the many baptist churches we or they attended, in fact dad accepted
total depravity and in general held to a reformed position. FYI My wife
and I are members at a CRC church.

Dave