Re: [asa] Who do Adam & Eve represent? (Was: Was Adam a real person?)

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 21:27:33 EDT

I should have noted also that there's certainly nothing wrong with the idea of "Christian humanism." That's a very old tradition that goes back well before "humanism" came to be equated with "secular humanism" & such notions by many people. When my father, a quite conservative Lutheran classicist, gave the faculty lecture at Ohio University many years ago it was titled (if I remember correctly) "The legacy of Christian humanism."

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/