Re: [asa] Who do Adam & Eve represent? (Was: Was Adam a real person?)

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 19:13:14 EDT

To Dave W: The primary thing that humanity lost was the development of the kind of relationship with God that God intended.

To Dave O: It depends on what is meant by "essential historicity." As I've said, I think that Gen.2 & 3 (we are not really considering 1 here) tells us something that is true theologically about the first humans. But if by "essential historicity" Silva means that Gen.1-3 is all historical narrative then the only necessary response is "Nonsense," with reference to the lack of any mention of such "essential historicity of Genesis 1-3" in the ecumenical creeds in support.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/