Re: [asa] Who do Adam & Eve represent? (Was: Was Adam a real person?)

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 03:14:47 EDT

Just the facts, Jack. Check the record. No one (except me) responded to George's thread. That's what I reminded the list about. How is that a cheap shot?

Jack Haas <haas.john@comcast.net> wrote:
  There you go again Gregory: one more cheap shot about people you know nothing about!
Jack Haas

Gregory Arago wrote: Notice that few at ASA, especially those who don't accept 'Adam [as] a real person' are prepared (or willing) to speak about 'Who do Adam & Eve represent?' Perhaps people think there's not much 'science' in representation. It is much safer to speak about science, after all, as it gives a sense of legitimacy that theology doesn't seem to imply with its inevitable mythology.