RE: [asa] Expelled Explained (firing those you don't agree with)

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 18:41:20 EDT

Geology is historical science, viz., the use of scientific, experimental results to analyze the geological history of the Earth. The adjective historical in historical sciences is not degrading but a correct description of what is the subject matter of geology.

I have not done a lot of thinking about human-social science but an analogy comes to mind. In forensic science, one uses experimental results in genetics, physics, chemistry, etc. However, what comes out of it, as new knowledge, would be "criminal profiling," which is somewhat like a scientific result but not quite so. I suppose similar results can come from the social sciences.

Moorad