Re: [asa] Expelled Explained

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 13:51:50 EDT

But there is the crucial element of academic freedom, which is supposed to
be a pillar of the academy. Academic freedom doesn't mean you teach
anything you want (though in some disciplines it just about means that) --
but it does mean a faculty member ought not to be penalized for what he or
she thinks, says, or publishes, including critiques of the received
curriculum.

--
David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law