RE: [asa] Expelled Explained

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 13:21:58 EDT

As to individuals I'll make no comment. As to the responsibility
academic institutions have to assure that science teachers teach quality
science, well duh, yes they have that responsibility. Scientific
theories require supporting data and evidence. ID has no supporting
evidence and is thus not science. It may have some philosophical value,
that's for philosophers to decide.

In churches is another matter. You can practice Satanic worship in a
church where we have complete religious freedom and there are no rules,
no tests, no standards. All you need for a church is a gaggle of
followers.

Science has rules. When a biochemist puts a substance in a Petri dish
he/she does not expect some intelligent agent to jump in there and
affect the outcome. He/she wants a result to be valid. To be
repeatable and testable. He/she fully expects natural causes to be in
operation. That's the standard in science.

Dick Fischer. author, lecturer
Historical Genesis from Adam to Abraham
www.historicalgenesis.com