RE: [asa] Expelled Explained (firing those you don't agree with)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 11:02:10 EDT

Hi Don- let me ask you a similar question. What would happen if the
Discovery Institute hired a researcher, and then the researcher became
an evolutionist. Would this researcher still be able to hold a job at
the Discovery Institute? Of course not. Suppose a preacher at a church
became an atheist- could they hold their job as preacher? Of course not.
There was also talk lately of a Prof. being booted from his seminary
because of evolutionary belief (I don't have the details- picked it up
in passing). Why not give colleges the same respect to hire people that
they agree with? The college wants to move in a certain direction, and
they want to hire those who can advance their cause.