RE: [asa] TE Evangelists

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Sun Apr 13 2008 - 23:25:25 EDT

I'm not kidding about the milk. It is the same thing Sunday after Sunday. "Always hearing but never learning." Love, forgiveness, etc. is very important, but it is only milk, especially when repeated over and over with no new insights. The pulpit should be all about "education" and there are two books written by God that could be expounded (God's Word and God's works). Science can also be a way of glorifying God by revealing His majesty.

Some churches do offer meat, but I agree with you that most like to be one-man shows.

I think it is impossible to be "spiritual" only and not include science. Usually the resulting science in that case is deficient.

When I read John Calvin, I thought "Man, that guy is SMART! I wish I could hear preachers like that today." He really impresses me, doubly so for considering how young he was.