Re: [asa] TE Evangelists

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Sun Apr 13 2008 - 13:30:33 EDT

MessageThe possibility of upsetting people is one reason why dealing with evolution in sermons may be a bad idea. But that is not a good reason for not dealing with it at all. Discussing these matters in an educational setting provides a much better opportunity for questions and discussion in order to deal with people's concerns than does treatment from the pulpit.

Neither understanding nor accepting the evidence for evolution should be a condition for church fellowship. But it is important that Christians have some minimal understanding of the evidence, and ways understanding it in a Christian context, so that they won't fall prey to wolves of either Dawkinsonian or Hamesque variety.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/