Re: [asa] Was Adam a real person? (ancient science)

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 12 2008 - 21:05:17 EDT

I honestly don't know the answer to #1 Bernie. I would probably say with
the Greeks, I guess (the question is "science" in the ancient near east, and
in particular, whether the Mesopotamian cosmologies were a type of
"science"). As to #2, personally, I don't think it's just a matter of
semantics. IMHO, based on what study I've been able to do, the ANE people
had a completely different, non-scientific understanding of nature than we
do today. The same probably can't be said of "business," because at some
level commerce is commerce.