Re: [asa] Was Adam a real person?

From: Bethany Sollereder <bsollereder@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 12 2008 - 13:52:16 EDT

Gregory,

I appreciate the implications of your post, namely "Perhaps Bethany has
taken this position also as a result of Denis' influence?". But in fact,
you are wrong to imply this. I did not come to my views as a result of
Denis Lamoureux. I was a strong supporter of evolution long before I knew
such a person even existed. I came to my views that evolution was not in
conflict with the Scriptural accounts of creation while I attended Vanguard
College, a Pentecostal College that is, indeed, in Edmonton. I have never
attended the U of A, where Denis works, nor have I ever taken a course of
his.

All this to say: I came to my views on Genesis 1-2 by looking at the
literary genre of the passage, by looking at the evolutionary nature of the
world around me, and by thinking logically. Please don't conflate me with
Denis just because we happen to share the same small corner of the earth.

Bethany Sollereder