RE: [asa] Expelled Explained

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Sat Apr 12 2008 - 12:37:22 EDT

What we officially accept is in our statement of faith. As individual
members I think you would find a paltry few you could count on one hand
who hold to YEC views. The overwhelming majority of ASA members oppose
YEC views and the horse they rode in on. ID is debatable and we do just
that. Most on this list seem to be of the TE persuasion or maybe TEs
are the most vocal. I think most of us hold to natural causation in
science and oppose the periodic imposition of a higher power in the
procession of life. I think most of us would be of the view that
scientific theories require supporting data and evidence. Since ID has
no evidence it therefore is not science, however as a philosophical
enterprise is may have redeeming qualities.

Dick Fischer. author, lecturer
Historical Genesis from Adam to Abraham
www.historicalgenesis.com