RE: [asa] Expelled Explained

From: Donald F Calbreath <dcalbreath@whitworth.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 11 2008 - 15:19:43 EDT

How about a statement about the shabby treatment that Sternberg and others have received at the hands of the scientific community? After all, the Congress of the United States found that Sternberg's rights had been grievously violated. The University of Iowa is not looking too good at the way they treated Gonzalez. And Baylor is really taking a beating right now with their tenure decisions. It shouldn't matter whether you are for or against ID as such - it should matter very much if you are for or against persecution of scientists. The people who are getting dumped on are not ignorant hicks; they have Ph.Ds from good universities and have made worthwhile contributions to science.

Don (ASA member)