Re: [asa] Was Adam a real person?

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 18:11:12 EDT

Bernie said: I think every day and age has its "modern science." That's
the whole point- the Genesis story makes perfect sense in the science of
it's day, but not in our day, since we know more.

I respond: Sigh. No, it's just anachronistic to call what the Babylonians
and ancient Hebrews were doing "science." Take a look at John Walton's book
"Ancient Near Eastern Thought and the Old Testament." It is a completely
foreign mindset to our contemporary scientific worldview.