RE: [asa] personal introduction and a question about textbooks (fruit flies)

From: Dehler, Bernie <>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 17:32:12 EDT

Hi Dennis with 2 n's ;-)

You said:
" My training is as a developmental biologist and Drosophila

I have to ask... is it true, as the ID'ers say, in your opinion, that
these fruit flies can't be made to evolve into anything else over the
numerous lab attempts at trying to do it? All they do is grow
additional wings that are useless, or grow useless legs on their head?

In the last chapter of "Mere Christianity" CS Lewis mentioned fruit fly
experiments as a positive proof for evolution, I think.

I'm curious as to your opinion since you are an expert in the field.