Re: [asa] Was Adam a real person?

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 16:37:23 EDT

In the tradition we've been discusing, the Watchers were angels who
descended from heaven to take mortal human women as their wives. The angels
referred to in Jesus' response to the Pharisees are "in heaven," and thus
the Watchers are not among them. Thus, assuming Jude and 2 Peter's allusion
to 1 Enoch would require us to affirm the Watcher tradition, there would be
no conflict with Jesus' statement that angels do not marry, contra your
suggestion.

Personally, I don't think we are obligated to affirm the Watcher tradition,
which renders your reductio ad absurdum below off point.