[asa] Question on global warming

From: j burg <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 09:53:08 EDT

The following is from an email I received today:

Date: April 7, 2008
From: John Loftin

MEDIA ADVISORY, April 7 /Christian Newswire/ -- Recovering Republican
John Lofton, Editor of TheAmericanView.com and co-host of "The
American View" radio show with the Constitution Party's 2004
Presidential candidate Michael Anthony Peroutka, has issued the
following statement:

"Pat Robertson's working with Al Sharpton ... to push Al Gore's
"global warming" Big Lie is evil and yet one more shameful act by
Robertson that disgraces the cause of Christ. By "evil" I mean the 2nd
definition in Noah Webster's 1828 "American Dictionary Of The English
Language": "Having bad qualities of a moral kind; wicked; corrupt;
perverse; wrong."

-----------

This email above was sent with a comment by a lurker, who says that
Freeman Dyson (whom I admire and respect) is one of "200 prominent
scientists" who have signed a petition against global warming "fix"
policies..

As far as I know the IPCC statement is still a consensus of climate
scientists.. But I have not been keeping up with the issue very
closely. Pim -- and others -- can you shed any light on the Dyson
(purported) statement?

If the IPCC position still stands, then I have to applaud Rev Robertson.

Burgy