Re: [asa] HPSS - Survey of Views

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Sat Apr 05 2008 - 19:08:26 EDT

I wonder how many cases can be cited of a scientist who's done a significant piece of work - & especially one who has made a major discovery - in which following the guidance of some philosopher of science about how to do science played a major role. (N.B. I distinguish that from a philosophy of how the world is: As John Barrow said, AAlmost every working scientist is a realist - at least during working hours.@)

I can think of one example - sort of.
Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/