Re: [asa] Fw: Message to Jennifer M. Granholm, Governor of Michigan

From: gordon brown <Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 22:53:52 EDT

Do any of you know exactly what this teacher was teaching and in what
class? Did she teach irreducible complexity or Dembski's filter? I am
interested in knowing how relevant the arguments in the letter to the
governor are. By googling I found out that A Scientific Dissent from
Darwinism is worded in such a way that it merely expresses skepticism
about the sufficiency of random mutation and natural selection to account
for life's complexity. It doesn't mention Intelligent Design, and among
its 714 signers are several prominent ASA members. It is not clear that
they would all agree with the actions of this teacher or that they agree
with each other on details.

Gordon Brown (ASA member)