RE: [asa] HPSS - Survey of Views

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 17:27:26 EDT

"But I wonder if any of these 4 (or others) philosophers of science ever considered a paradigm shift that included abandoning the idea of a consistent order in the universe?" - Randy Isaac

  Yes, those 4 are all philosophers of science. But also, as I pointed out in the previous post, they are trained in physics, mathematics and psychology. So they are also 'scientists' as far as the term goes. As to your above question, Randy, it makes me wonder if you have read any of them, especially Feyerabend. This indeed was the main purpose of the thread to discover. Thanks to those who have already commented on this survey in public and private. - G.A.

"Alexanian, Moorad" <alexanian@uncw.edu> wrote:
  Scripturally, God sustains His creation, which means "no God, no nothing." Therefore, to what extent God sustaining the creation shows up in the existence and temporal development of all that there is?

Moorad