[asa] temporary hiatus

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 17:02:15 EDT

I will be out of town for most of the next six weeks (I'm on sabbatical this
year), and for that reason I will be taking a hiatus from the ASA list until
some time in late spring. I hope to see many of you at this year's annual
meeting -- I know that the list of speakers includes George Murphy, David
Opderbeck, Kirk Bertsche, Keith Miller, and yours truly; David Campbell and
Dick Fischer are among those presenting posters. (These names just from
those I recognize on the list.)

I became VP of the ASA this week -- we have a new fiscal year that started
1 April -- and I extend my gratitude to each and every member for your
support for the ASA. This year's meeting at George Fox University promises
to continue the tradition of very high quality meetings that we've had for a
number of years now, and the plans outlined to us at the Council meeting
last week for next year's meeting at Baylor are no less interesting. I urge
every ASA member to try to attend at least one annual meeting every five
years. Some members come more often, a few almost every year. The annual
meetings are the heart and soul of the organization. The fellowship is
meaningful, the talks usually very good or excellent, and book table first
class. This year, the location is also wonderful--the incredible beauty of
the Oregon coast, comparable in my experience to only a few places in the
world, is not very far away. If you have never come to an annual meeting,
why not make this one your first? Here is the registration information.
http://www.asa3.org/ASA/meetingASA.html

If you are able to come, please take time to identify yourself to me. And,
offer some advice or other comment about the ASA. I'm your VP, and you
elected me to serve you. Help me do that as well as I can!

Signing off,

Ted