Re: [asa] HPSS - Survey of Views

From: James Mahaffy <mahaffy@dordt.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 07:48:53 EDT

Folks

Kuhn -- yes and he was very important in helping me understand that science does not work just objectively
Popper -- am somewhat aware of him but have not read him and way back when I picked up one of his books did not find it easy to read.
Others -- not really.

It is interesting how often on this group science appears in many posts to be objective and not really influenced by paradigms.

James Mahaffy (mahaffy@dordt.edu) Phone: 712 722-6279
498 4th Ave NE
Biology Department FAX : 712 722-1198
Dordt College, Sioux Center IA 51250-1697