[asa] HPSS - Survey of Views

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 00:19:15 EDT

A thought came to me while reading Paul Feyerabend's short text "How to Defend Society Against Science" (1975), in which he opens by acknowledging an interest in 'the relations between science and religion.' Or at least, writing an article about it was something that helped to pay his bills.

  This is my question: How interested are people at ASA in four key figures in (studies of) the history, philosophy and sociology of science - Popper, Kuhn, Lakatos and Feyerabend? Is there any way to take a survey or get a general indication of who's read these persons, to what degree and if it has made any impact on ASA discussions of 'science and religion'?

  Thanks,
  Gregory