Re: [asa] ASA discussion protocol

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2008 - 14:02:19 EDT

Could I just say that as one who frequently was on the receiving end
of Michael's withering sarcasm, that I nevertheless feel that he had
many useful and interesting contributions to make, when he could
resist the temptation to indulge in vitriol. Perhaps a few months'
ban is a little harsh, and that this would better be commuted to a
week, which should serve to reinforce the message that sarcasm and
ridicule are not acceptable. If that doesn't change things, then I
would suggest that it is Michael that needs help, and that longer term
action would then need to be taken to avoid unpleasantness on the
list.

Iain