Re: [asa] seminar on Science Fiction and Religion: Mon. Apr. 7, 3:30

From: Christine Smith <christine_mb_smith@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 13:56:29 EDT

Sounds like an interesting talk :) Wish I could be
there!

Along those lines, I must say that I really enjoyed
the Babylon 5 series, and I especially appreciated the
intelligent and thoughtful treatment of religion and
religious questions throughout the series. Although
the producer is an Atheist, I thought the Season 3
episode "Passing through Gesthemane" showed a
particularly respectful and fairly knowledgable (in so
far as theology can go in a 1-hour TV episode)
portrayal of Christianity and its core values. George,
will you be touching on this series in your talk?

In Christ,
Christine

PS to George -- I got your multi-worlds paper in the
mail--thanks for sending it!

http://www.calvin.edu/~lhaarsma/ChrPerspSciSeminarPage.html