Re: [asa] Re: Peter Enns and the future direction of WTS

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 30 2008 - 13:01:14 EDT

Greg, we often speak "two books" with regard to revelation as "scripture"
and "nature." I think, though, that "nature" here means something broader
than just "natural science." I think it means every way in which God
reveals Himself through what we are able to observe, study, and think about,
other than scripture itself. Another way to say this might be, "all true
knowledge is revelation."

So I would consider the sociology of group dynamics, for example, to be part
of the "book of nature." Yet, it's important, IMHO, not to reduce the study
of this "second book" to any single method. It's a complex and
multi-layered book.

--
David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law