Re: [asa] Re: Peter Enns and the future direction of WTS

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun Mar 30 2008 - 08:16:53 EDT

To add to the question of 'why not historical Adam and Eve?' (which is more or less consistent for Jews, Christians and Muslims, even Bahai's), I'd like to pose something else. Why ONLY Two (2) books? Why not three, or five or 7 books? Is it due to the Tradition? Does it say 'two books' anywhere in Scripture or is this a modernist 'natural science and theology' reading? Does the connection of biology, dentistry and theology afford a special perspective on this topic that others are likely not privy to? Surely the issue of 'institutional sovereignty' (e.g. WTS) is a human-social problem/issue, not something usually studied by natural scientists or theologians (in their main works).

Thanks in advance for comments. - G.A.

"Denis O. Lamoureux" <dlamoure@ualberta.ca> wrote:
    24 years ago I felt called to open God's Two Books. Any yes, like many, I started the voyage as a young earth creationist. But along the way there were a few surprises--Gen 1-11 is not a historical record, and biological evolution is a FACT. But through the process the Lord Jesus was right there, front and centre. Sadly, I had to leave my tradition to find a job.