Re: [asa] Arie

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 12:53:37 EDT

It's easy to avoid the free-for-all -- just use the blogging software's
comment moderation function. No comment is posted until approved by the
moderator. This usually establishes a norm of higher quality comments so
the moderator doesn't have to do too much.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
wrote:

> I'd like to underscore Ted's comments. The PSCF is not the right venue for
> extended exchanges. One follow-up round is sufficient. Further discussion
> is
> more appropriate for the web as Dave O pointed out. For a couple of years
> I've urged Terry to implement an author dialog on our website but first he
> needed to update the underlying content management system. He recently
> completed that so we're ready to move ahead. I hope we can do something
> somewhat different than a mere free-for-all blog but I'm not quite sure
> what.
> As for Dave W's concerns, maybe we can do electronic delivery to
> international addresses in advance of the arrival of the paper copy. We'll
> work on that.
>
> Randy

David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law