Re: [asa] Arie

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 16:54:49 EDT

Who's Arie? This very situation, BTW, is one reason why many journals offer
robust online adjuncts to the print edition. It has become de rigeur in
legal scholarship, for example, to offer online "pocket parts" to the print
edition (see, e.g., here: http://www.yalelawjournal.org/)

To beat a dead horse, ASA needs a web presence in which (1) articles are
made publicly available soon after they go to print; and (2) there is a
moderated forum for serious discussion of the articles and for author
blogging platform and away we go.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu> wrote:

> I had the same problem with Arie. Instead of understanding PSCF to be a
> forum for getting messages out he seems to want to be a roadblock.
>
> ***
>
> Ted comments:
> I don't agree with this perception. There is an exchange between Harry
> Poe
> and Dave Siemans in the March issue of PSCF, and that should be sufficient
> for the editor's purposes. It's highly unusual in my experience for
> journals to keep printing a series of comments from two persons engaged in
> such a discussion--one apiece is normal. Arie needs to keep space for new
> business.

David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law
Seton Hall University Law School