[asa] plea for resources available in India

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 17:33:56 EDT

Are you looking for books translated from English into other languages? Or just
anything available on-line? I can check with others more knowledgeable than
myself and greatly expand the list of good authors you could look for. David
already added Alister McGrath as well. I hope you don't mind if I re-post your
concern on another list serve in which I participate (www.asa3.org). Maybe
they can suggest some materials more widely available.

--Merv

(was a response to post pasted below.)

There is not even a single book of John Polkinghorne or Kenneth Miller published
by any Indian christian publisher as far as I know. Almost all of the materials
that I used have been downloaded from the internet, mp3 lectures and articles.

I have not met any Hindu who have problem believing in evolution. Hinduism is so
diverse so that one can be a pantheist, atheist, theist, panentheist, polytheist
or anything and still remain a faithful Hindu. So anything that comes to the
intellectual market they can easily assimilate that into the system. And when
Christians who have devoured YEC’s literature argue to the non-Christians that
the earth is only 6,000 years old the idea appears so stupid.

Comment by Duomai — March 21, 2008 @ 11:52 am