Re: [asa] Why couldn't you write your d*mn book more clearly?

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 18:06:03 EDT

Sorry to be late in responding to some earlier posts. I've been on the
road and some of the places that said they had Internet connections
didn't have functional ones.

First, relevant to magisteria, we agree as orthodox Christians that the
scriptures are the ultimate authority on faith and practice, but differ
on which theological school is authoritative. However, this fact does not
settle the problem for some Christians who accept the authority of Ellen
G. White as prophetess, or other less notorious local authorities. This
includes the claim to have the gift of prophecy, with the claim, "I have
a word of the Lord for you." Catholics have the Magisterium of the pope,
who is not declaring that Luther wasn't that bad after all. I'll accept
that, even it is was not spoken /ex cathedra/. But there are
authoritative declarations that I cannot accept.

Second, it hit me that the benighted murderer may have had a common
problem, assuming that there must be something, some set of actions, he
could do to achieve redemption. He had great difficulty finding what he
though he should find because we're not saved by doing, but by accepting
God's grace.
Dave (ASA)