Re: [asa] Advice for a Pastor

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 14:14:39 EDT

Re: the person's pastoral call -- I'm not sure we're in a position to
comment, knowing next to nothing about him.

Re: the blog itself and it's title -- oh, harumph. I think Glen Stassen is
on the right track in "Living on the Sermon on the Mount," and Stassen and
David Gushee are further along the right track in "Kingdom Ethics" -- Jesus'
ethical teaching isn't just an impossible standard designed to show us our
need for grace. It's also a practical teaching designed to bring healing
and justice into the world. And check out Frank Thielman's "Paul and the
Law" for a mediate position on the "new perspective."