Re: [asa] Why couldn't you write your d*mn book more clearly?

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 12:40:24 EDT

The language of ANATHEMA in scripture seems limited to deviation from the
"gospel" (Galations 1), particularly with respect to grace vs. works, and
not loving (PHILEO, interestingly) Christ (1 Cor. 16:22). And whether
one calls Jesus ANATHEMA or Lord is a test of whether a person is speaking
by the Holy Spirit (I. Cor. 12:3).

Was DIDASKALOS (James 3:1, DIDASKALOI, teachers) an official office in the
early church?

--
David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law