Re: [asa] Why couldn't you write your d*mn book more clearly?

From: <philtill@aol.com>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 10:00:52 EDT

On the other hand, the definition of "heresy" has to change with the times.? More truth has been revealed and we are morally responsible for what we do with it.? As an extreme but clear example, there are truths that weren't revealed until the NT era, which to deny would be an indicator that?we don't know God at all.

I don't think YECism is?categorically "heresy" because I'm not convinced the scientific data are equally accessible to all persons.? Therefore, denying the age of the Earth?doesn't categorically indicate that we don't know God.? But surely people who don't have a heart willing to submit to real truth are committing grave error.? Some YEC's are indicating greater error than others because they have greater access to the truth and really ought to know better.? Ancient YECism was no sin at all since there was no access to the truth at all.? The sin isn't in how much?truth we have available to us, but our willingness to submit to the truths that we do have and what our response says about the state of our hearts.

Phil