RE: [asa] Why couldn't you write your d*mn book more clearly?

From: John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 23:29:20 EDT

Maybe Ken Ham doesn't technically deny any of the fundamentals that we
otherwise share, but he does add a couple of more of his own, like a 6000
year old earth and no death before the fall which they consider part of the
litmus test for orthodoxy. Which is worse, denying shared fundamentals or
adding burdensome and falsifiable extra fundamentals? The net result is the
same, false and destructive teaching. And the NY speaks very harshly about
this.

Granted I would like to give every average church going YEC the benefit of
the doubt and attempt to show them why this is important and hopefully they
wouldn't still insist on it, but in the case of the hardcore ones that
steadfastly refused (like Ham) then I think you have to take action. We see
a pretty good parallel of this in the NT when the Judaizers added to the
gospel the doctrine that they also keep the Jewish law and for which Paul
had a strong rebuke and called "another gospel".

Thanks

John