RE: [asa] Why couldn't you write your d*mn book more clearly?

From: John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 21:10:55 EDT

When Jesus warned of false teachers, that logically implies that there
exists true ones. Where to find them is a different issue but Jesus did say
that His sheep hear His voice and if we seek the truth we would find it.

I reject the claims that due to the nuances of much learning, the truth is
unknowable because that is counter to the claims of Christ. Also I agree
with George that obvious doctrinal error can be sufficiently filtered out
easily enough by plain common sense, spiritual discernment and testable
science.

Granted we will all have unlearning to do on judgment day but the real
tragedy is that false learning came at the expense of not learning what we
should have and what God called us to. And I think that will be in large
part for a lot of people due to the fact that the church absolved herself of
this responsibility.

John