RE: [asa] Why couldn't you write your d*mn book more clearly?

From: John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 08:29:25 EDT

George,

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one and this same conclusion has
been my key takeaway from my recent OEC-TE journey. The church needs more of
an emphasis on what are reasonable and allowable interpretations of the
Bible (after getting it right first of course) and that would diffuse a lot
of this "private interpretation" nonsense that leads to this disaster and
others.

I think we need the office of the Majesterium restored to the church and
that was one unfortunate casualty of the Reformation and we are suffering as
a result of it. Ironically, I think the closest thing that I have found that
approaches this function in the church today is this list. There may be
better examples out there cloistered away in church hierarchy somewhere but
not easily accessible to the general seeking public to my knowledge.

Today's Protestantism is afflicted with the intellectual equivalent of moral
relativism in our culture. We have intellectual or spiritual relativism
where every idea is equal including YEC and it is politically incorrect and
unacceptable to correct it. This denies the truth that there is an absolute
right and wrong and that we should have it or be looking for it and have a
way to know it when we do find it.

I think it will take a removal of all the complicit pastors from their roles
and it will take a new generation of leadership in the church but I am
hopeful that we will see it soon as I feel that is what the Holy Spirit is
trying to do.

Thanks

John