Re: [asa] Why couldn't you write your d*mn book more clearly?

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 08:03:18 EDT

MessageOne thing that this points to (certainly not the only thing & perhaps not the most important) is the limits of private interpretation of the Bible. I don't know the history but I wonder if in his trying to "read your stupid book" he sought the guidance of Christians who were more knowledgeable about it & about the church's traditions of interpreting & understanding it. The notion that everyone is supposed to be able to read the Bible on his/her own without any connection with, or responsibility to, the Christian community is "protestant principle" run amuck & can lead to all kinds of strange beliefs & behaviors.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/