[asa] Why couldn't you write your d*mn book more clearly?

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 22:16:34 EDT

Forwarded from the ASA (American Scientific Affiliation) listserver.
Chilling - JimA

Church Gunman's Letter Shows Him Angry, Confused About God
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15576902/detail.html

DENVER -- Sometime before his deadly rampage at the New Life Church in
Colorado Springs, gunman Matthew Murray penned a letter addressed to God
in which he poured out his frustration and confusion over his faith and
ranted about the hypocrisy of Christians.

Colorado Springs police discovered the letter in Murray's 1992 Toyota
Camry, which was found parked outside the New Life Church on the day of
the shootings. CALL7 Investigators obtained a copy of the letter on
Wednesday, hours after Colorado Springs police released its official
450-plus page report on the shootings.

The expletive-laced letter addressed "To God" begins, "What have I done
so wrong? What is wrong with me anyways? Am I really such a bad person?"

The one and half page later is primarily Murray asking questions of God.

"I didn't even ask to be born. Jesus, where are you? Do you even care
these days ?... Why didn't you ever answer my cries for help? Why do I
have to be hurt by so many Christians?" he asked.

In several sentences, Murray spews insults at God, using an epithet for
female anatomy, and asks, "Why couldn't you write your d * mn book more
clearly?

"The more I read your stupid book, the more I pray, the more I reach out
to Christians for help the more hurt and abused I get," he wrote.

"I've heard good things about what Jesus can do, yet everywhere I go in
Christianity, all the Christians I see or meet are miserable, angry,
selfish, hypocritical, proud, power hungry, abusive, uncaring, confused,
lustful, greedy, unsure of their doctrine and mean-spirited ... Am I too
lost to be saved? My soul cries for deliverance. I'm dieing (sp),
praying, bleeding and screaming. Will I be denied???"

On Dec. 9, 2007, Murray shot and killed two people at the Youth With A
Mission Center in Arvada then hours later went to Colorado Springs and
opened fire at the New Life Church, killing two more people. Murray was
shot several times by a security guard before he aimed a gun at his head
and killed himself.